4/28/10

Cavity-Enhanced Direct Frequency Comb Spectroscopy

I worked close with Florian Adler from the Jun Ye Group. Florian requested a schematic of their experiment setup to help explain the process how the Jun Ye group performs tomography on a supersonic expansion. Florian explained he need the visual for Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry which will be officially printing their article "Cavity-Enhanced Direct Frequency Comb Spectroscopy: Technology and Applications" (early online review release available now) on June 15, 2010 as part of 2010 Vol 3.

I worked on this visual over the summer 2009. Florian explained to me what he wanted for the visual and he brought me physical pieces of hardware from his experimental apparatus that I could use to model from. I started with an old-fashion sketch up the scene that Florian and I discussed. After that I decided this was going to be an extensive Maya project since I could use previous models I already built and texture/rendering scripts that I made for other projects. I essentially modeled the whole scene from my sketch layout and used the physical pieces Florian gave me. I used Illustrator and Photoshop to incorporate the labels and composite the overall layout. I think it came out pretty well and everybody seemed pretty happy with the end results.

If you are interested in learning more about research that Jun Ye Group and other JILA groups a doing in this area, I would recommend you checking out the JILA Research Section; Molecular Fingerprinting and Control.



  • Clients: Jun Ye and Florian Adler

  • Related Links: Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry Article (early online review release)- Cavity-Enhanced Direct Frequency Comb Spectroscopy: Technology and Applications, JILA Research Section; Molecular Fingerprinting and Control
  • No comments: